©2019 by Watchword. Proudly created with Wix.com

Oct 22

1941-6-4 TITE Barbarossa v1-42 typos and questions

5 comments

Baltic Sea Fleet has "Marat" while the counter says "Murat"

The NOOB mat from the update kit says the MBR-2 is "Ready" while the Set Up has it lsited in the Force Pool. Which is correct? (I assume Force Pool at this stage in the war?)

The Text in the set up says there are 12 xUSSR ?-4 (Milita and Conscripts). However, there are 16 total counters in the module and the game.

The text says there are 6 xUSSR Guards Inf/Hvy BGs. However, there are 8 in the module and game.

The Bottom Section of the Force Pool text lists 41 x USSR Armies. However, 27 of them are actually in the top section of the Mat die to the Mechanized Trades.

Baltic Sea Fleet has "Marat" while the counter says "Murat"

It is "Marat." The counter has been fixed.

The NOOB mat from the update kit says the MBR-2 is "Ready" while the Set Up has it lsited in the Force Pool. Which is correct? (I assume Force Pool at this stage in the war?)

The NOOB mat is going away. The scenario listings are correct.

The Text in the set up says there are 12 xUSSR ?-4 (Milita and Conscripts). However, there are 16 total counters in the module and the game.

Thanks, fixed.

The text says there are 6 xUSSR Guards Inf/Hvy BGs. However, there are 8 in the module and game.

Thanks, fixed in all scenarios now.

The Bottom Section of the Force Pool text lists 41 x USSR Armies. However, 27 of them are actually in the top section of the Mat die to the Mechanized Trades.

Not anymore, they're not. :D

Oct 23

Thanks ... I'm looking at the 0.4 update kit, and I can't find the Sea Control Counters in Barbarossa that say "Interdicted." Are they available? Or are they something else now?

You need to let me work at my speed on that, I'm afraid. I'm pulling many threads together and plan on circling back to tie them all off. Please be patient. :D

In the Module, there are 8 BG's that are available for the six Gds. Inf. Corps (one starts in the Mystery Meat pile), and when flipped over, they are 1-5's for Gds. Mech Corps. This is like the KG Remnants that flip to reveal 1-5's. I used to wonder where the Motorized Remnants were!

there are 8 BG's that are available for the six Gds. Inf. Corps

Those are 2-sided and also the same counters you use for the Gd Mech Corps units...

• I just ran my very first simulation using the revised "Devastating Airfields Attacks" and was only able to destroy 9 of the 22 VVS aircraft. Only kept one Stuka 'saved" for CAS, and made sure I included the +1 DV for Major Air Bomber exclusive attacks. So what am I missing that the majority of the Soviet VVS is available for July I? Why did design team go from basically crippling the VVS, to having a competent VVS in July I '41? (Second simulation was worse at 8 VVS destroyed.) Granted, the die rolls were crappy for two sets .... but this could happen, and we know how some of us like to complain about the Vassal die roller. 3rd = 14 4th = 16 5th = 12 6th = 10 I won't post more simulations, but would like to understand the thought process so I can adjust tactics and strategy accordingly, since there will be a VVS present right from the start.
  • I see the restrictions on Hungary and Romania for the Axis side, but I can't see any restrictions for USSR. Can they attack and exert ZOCs across border, etc.? Thanks.
  • Looking at the Axis Display Mat ... there is an arrow that specifically goes from the "Repair" line and turns specifically into the JU-52 Training Box. Why? Reading [353.0] it seems like the only way into that box is from the Air Mat as a transfer. Or are you saying that if the JU-52 is in the Destroyed box, I can just "repair" it for 1 FP? Also, there is an asterisk the words "1 for Major*" I can't find where the note that applies to that on the mat is. So what does that mean? Thanks! Doc